Cascade Health Services Terms & Conditions
Cascade Health Services Messaging
- Cascade Health Services allows mobile subscribers to receive SMS alerts and communications with the company (e.g. booking shifts, availability updates, etc).
- You can cancel the SMS/MMS service at any time by texting the word STOP to the number given upon hire.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (816)229-5800 24/7..
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile.
- Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- For all questions about the services provided by this shortcode, you can contact us at: (816)229-5800 or email@example.com.
Additional SMS/MMS Terms
By participating in any of Cascade Health Services mobile alert programs, you consent to receive recurring texts at the mobile number that’s been provided at opt-in. Consent is not a condition of purchase.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Changes to Additional Contract Terms
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we are not responsible and will not be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any incidental, special or consequential damages (such as lost profits or lost business opportunities), punitive damages or attorney’s fees.
Except as otherwise provided herein, your use of this service under this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Missouri.
If any term of this agreement is to any extent illegal, otherwise invalid, or incapable of being enforced, such term shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability; all other terms hereof shall remain in full force and effect; and, to the extent permitted and possible, the invalid or unenforceable term shall be deemed replaced by a term that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term. If application of this severability provision should materially and adversely affect the economic substance of the transactions contemplated hereby, the party adversely impacted shall be entitled to compensation for such adverse impact, provided the reason for the invalidity or unenforceability of a term is not due to serious misconduct by the party seeking such compensation.